PPT English Essay



     Recent statistics showed that the road accidents occurring in our country is escalating drastically and ringing alarm bells across the country. Last week,I became an eye witness of a car accident in my town. The accident just unfolded before my very eyes.

    It was a gloomy day. It rained cats and dogs. As the rain abated,we decided to pay our uncle a visit in his house. My father drove his car patiently as the road was slick and slippery. I felt bored sitting in the car and enjoyed the beautiful scenery along the way.

    There was a speeding car coming behind our car. The driver accelerated and tried to overtake our car. We became worried. My father slowed his car down to allow him to do so. The way he drove signified that an accident was waiting to happen. I ignored him and continued to watch out of the window.

     Out of the blue,the speeding car skidded and knocked a lamp post. The driver tried to slam on the brakes but it was too late. My father quickly stopped the car and ran to lend a hand to the driver. On the other hand,my mother used her phone to call the ambulance and police. The driver managed to get out of his car harmlessly. I released a sigh of relieve. Just then,we realised that the driver was under the influence of alcohol.

    The policemen and ambulance arrived in the nick of time. The policemen had our statement recorded. Then,we got into the car and my father drove towards our uncle's house which is a stone's throw away from the accident spot. The incident made my hair stand on the end. Upon going to my uncle's house,the incident vivid in my mind.

    The accident could have been prevented if the driver followed the road safety precautions. A driver should never consume alcoholic drinks before driving. A driver should also drive patiently as patience is a virtue. As the saying goes,better be safe than sorry.

29/30

* Feel free to share PPT questions or other questions from your school. Thank you. Sharing is caring.

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel